Welcome to my blog

 Hello, I'm Mikael Michalik and I've been living in Sarasota since I was four years old, though I spend most of my time in Tampa for classes. I'm an English major in the technical and professional concentration with a minor in Mass Communications.

Some interesting facts about me:

  • I enjoy walking, almost too much. I try to walk around 4-6 miles a day and enjoy hiking in the mountains of Pisgah National Forest and DuPonte Forest. 
  • I enjoy creating characters, drawing them and coming up with personalities for them. I have way too many and often end up drawing the same few over and over. 
  • My characters often tie in with another hobby of mine: Dungeons and Dragons. I have a backlog of filled out character sheets to go with designs I've made and I anticipate working through them all over time. 
  • I love animals, especially dogs and birds. When I moved to Florida, I was immediately obsessed with the funky birds I saw around the small lake my backyard borders so I get very excited whenever someone talks birds with me. 
  • I love horror movies, books, and games, but the sad part is that I am unable to get scared by them. Even Howl-O-Scream's many scare zones and haunted houses were unable to spook me.
Work Experience:
  • Editor and Social Media Manager of the USF Undergraduate Research Journal Club and its journal THRIVE
  • Scientific Editing Intern with Moffitt Cancer Center 
  • Marketing Communications Intern with St. Luke's United Methodist Church
My favorite social media would probably be Twitter because it is one of the few sites I post content to. It allows me to see what some friends are up to in their day to day lives while also being able to enjoy a large range of different kinds of art. I also enjoy accounts such as Gators Daily and Petfinder Names for the quality animal content they post.

This is my first time making a blog, and I don't have much experience with blogs in general. The only blogs I've looked at were comic-related ones that I didn't follow too closely.

The main problem I have with getting involved with blogs is the effort it takes to create and/or follow. When blogs update daily, I can feel overwhelmed if I forget to check, and if a blog doesn't update often I'll forget to check and eventually lose interest in it or, as before, feel overwhelmed by missed content.

Comments

  1. Did you know that you can make a whole career out of hanging around bird markets in tropical places in the world? I knew a woman who has identified several species of birds previously unknow to western scholars just buy hanging out at the bird market in Yogyakarta. https://www.justgola.com/a/bird-market-jogja-447065

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Lawless Land: LJ6

Memories in Photos: LJ5